A dental emergency can occur at any time and often without warning. It is important to have a dentist on call to help with a knocked-out tooth problem. While dental care providers in Sunnyvale, CA, can provide oral checkups, cleaning, and cosmetic services, only a few are trained and qualified to perform emergency dentistry.
Most people see our Sunnyvale emergency dentist whenever they have a toothache, an oral injury from contact sports, bleeding gums, or any dental emergency. But there are other reasons you should see our regular dentist and seek urgent dental care.
Your oral health plays a vital role in your general well-being. Minor problems like tooth pain or unusual sensitivity can be addressed with saline solution and a warm water rinse, a cold compress, or a topical pain reliever, but most serious dental issues require emergency dentistry.
New patients do not need to spend a lot of time setting an emergency appointment or finding reliable emergency services online. Our Sunnyvale emergency dentist is ready and equipped to relieve pain and fully resolve your tooth decay, broken tooth, oral injury, and other dental emergencies.
Let our Emergency dentistry experts identify the underlying cause of your tooth pain. If you had an accident at Las Palmas Park or Baylands Park, we can examine the affected area and repair any broken tooth fragment. You can count on us to act quickly when you have an urgent problem.
What does an Emergency Dentist Do?
An emergency dentistry expert is a dental professional who is available to see patients on short notice for urgent matters or emergency dental care. Most emergency dentists work a limited schedule but not our local dentists in Sunnyvale, CA. Our dental office is open Monday to Sunday.
Our emergency dentistry experts provide emergency treatment and a wide range of dental services, from simple teeth cleanings to complex dental procedures such as:
Root Canal Therapy
Root canal therapy is a procedure used to save your tooth (or set of teeth) that has been damaged by decay or infection. A root canal therapy procedure clears the root canal of your infected tooth by removing damaged tissue, sealing the tooth, relieving pain, and preventing further damage.
Emergency Tooth Extraction
Tooth Extractions are typically performed when a tooth is unable to be saved. A medical doctor may not be qualified to do this procedure in a hospital emergency room. Only a licensed emergency dentistry should do this.
A filling is a dental procedure and emergency treatment used to repair a tooth that has been damaged by decay. The goal of a filling is to restore the integrity and function of your tooth or cracked teeth.
A dental crown is a functioning prosthetic used to restore a broken tooth or cap a replacement for lost teeth. Crowns are typically made of porcelain or ceramic and are designed to match the color and shape of your natural teeth.
Treatment for a Dental Abscess
An abscessed tooth is a tooth that has been damaged by infection and typically causes patients severe pain. The goal of treatment is to clean out the infected tissue, seal the tooth, stop the pain and prevent further damage. They can also prescribe medications to help relieve oral pain and swelling associated with the symptoms of acute dental emergencies.
What are some common Sunnyvale dental emergencies?
There are a variety of dental emergencies that can occur, and each one requires unique, prompt treatment and immediate attention. Delaying your visit to our dental office for an emergency dentistry procedure can put your oral health at risk.
Some of the most common dental emergencies include:
- Severe Toothache: It can be caused by several factors, including infection, decay, or damage to the teeth. Even if you use dental floss after eating or brushing your teeth multiple times a day, tooth pain is a sign something is wrong.
- Abscessed Tooth: An abscessed tooth is a serious dental emergency that can cause severe tooth pain, swelling, and fever. If you don’t seek treatment, this dental problem can lead to serious health complications.
- Knocked-out Tooth: A dislodged tooth (knocked-out tooth) can be caused by violent contact such as a sports injury or an auto accident. For a tooth knocked out from its natural socket, it is essential to find the tooth, gently rinse it and bring it with you when you visit our Sunnyvale dental office.
- Broken Teeth: Broken teeth can be caused by various factors, including decay, trauma, or wear and tear. Broken teeth are a hazard to your oral health and they require rapid treatment, so you must head to our office quickly.
- Lost Filling: A lost filling is a common dental emergency that can cause tooth pain and sensitivity. If you have a lost tooth filling, it is important to see a dentist immediately to refill the cavity and protect the tooth.
- Lost Crown: Lost crowns are common dental emergencies patients experience on a regular basis. This can occur when a crown becomes loose or falls off.
Where can I find a reliable emergency dentist-Sunnyvale, CA?
Are you in need of urgent dental care?
If you’re looking for an emergency dentist in El Camino Real or other parts of Sunnyvale, CA, look no further and call Emergency Dental Pros. We are the leading provider of emergency dental care in California and we are experts at treating severe pain and performing tooth extractions (including wisdom teeth).
Our team is comprised of experienced and skilled emergency dentistry experts who are available during and after office hours, Mon to Sun, to provide you with the best emergency dental treatment available. Our Sunnyvale dental care services include a wide range of treatment options that can help you with a dental emergency, relieve your pain, and eliminate any bad habits.
We specialize in resolving minor and severe dental issues, offer preventive dental services, general dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, and personalized dental care.
Emergency Dental Pros is dedicated to your complete satisfaction, so you can be sure that you’re getting the best emergency dentistry or cosmetic dentistry service. We also accept most insurance plans and offer financing options for both cosmetic dentistry, and emergency dentistry.
New patients are welcome at our Sunnyvale dental care office. If you need urgent dental care, don’t hesitate to contact us today to schedule a same-day appointment.
Emergency Dental Pros
100 S Murphy Ave Suite 200, Sunnyvale, CA 94086, United States